Join me in a year long journey reading through the Bible

  • Wow, this was a lot to read today. A lot to take in. Le t me see if I can recap this correctly. He begins by telling us about Gods defense of Jerusalem and...

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Heads Up!

I received some reading strips for review From Heads Up!. These are for the student who has a little trouble keeping his place while reading. They place the strip over the text as they read which in turn would help them to focus in on their place and to follow through to the next line of words. I have even used them for myself. When I get headaches, my eyes have a hard time focusing on the words on a page. These strips help to keep my eyes on one line at a time.

My son is a lively and bouncy reader and his eyes bounce all over the page. We found these reader strips have helped him stay focused. Depending on what we are reading will depend on the color we choose. Like when we read the blue print in his reading curriculum we decide to go clear or yellow.

Heads Up! is a company designed to provide expert information and products for special needs children. Their items have been selected to accommodate various learning styles and strengths, regardless of curriculum used. These special needs products have been found to be especially helpful for children who are distractible or hyperactive. However I have found that a lot of the products are not just for special needs children. They are easily adaptable for a child like mine who needs to move a lot or one who just cannot seem to focus on more then a few words at a time.

Heads Up! also has for parents, many books with topics such as ADD, Asperger Syndrome, Sensory Integration, ADHD, Autism, and so more. They have so many resources for everyone. They also offer things like timers, therapy balls, speech tools, vision aids, memory helpers etc.

These readers are so affordable. At only $1.00 each, how can you wrong? For a buck you can give one a try and see if they work for you. If they do then get several more and use them as book marks in all your children’s books. Heads Up! is a really great company and if you need information or tools for your children then visit their website.

this company gets a 10 out of 10 and this product I reviewd gets a 8 out of 10

No comments: