Join me in a year long journey reading through the Bible

  • Wow, this was a lot to read today. A lot to take in. Le t me see if I can recap this correctly. He begins by telling us about Gods defense of Jerusalem and...

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Write Shop

I had a chance to review a product by Writeshop. WriteShop is designed to teach composition skills in a step-by-step manner. Through a series of engaging lessons, students learn the four most common kinds of writing—descriptive, informative, narrative, and persuasive (essays)—by means of the following basic building blocks: Brainstorming, Editing, Writing and Revising.

Write Shop Story Builder, World of People has been a great addition to our homeschooling. I have to admit at first I was not to sure about this. My son in only 6 and he writes, but not well enough to put a whole story to paper

Instead of asking my son to sit down and write a paragraph or two with these story cards I decided to have him pick the cards, read them (help with reading) and then verbally tell me a story using the cards. This worked out great for us. We even got the whole family involved after dinner instead of TV. My mother, who lives with us, myself, Dad and my 3 1/2 year old all tell our stories. Hey my son thinks it's a game! Little does he know he is learning!

WriteShop® StoryBuilders card decks helped to jump start a creative writing project by giving my child the basic fundamentals of a story (character, character trait, setting, and plot). This paved the way to a fun experience in writing for him. StoryBuilders can be used by kindergartners all the way to high schools. They put together a story by picking a card from each category. For only $7.95 in e-book form you get 1000’s of great story combination ideas and story starters. They also have a World of Sports and World of Animals e-book, but the World of People was my son’s favorite! There are so many fabulous products that they have there for all ages and all writing skills. You need to just go over to their WriteShop and look at everything.

Score: 8 out of 10

No comments: