Join me in a year long journey reading through the Bible

  • Wow, this was a lot to read today. A lot to take in. Le t me see if I can recap this correctly. He begins by telling us about Gods defense of Jerusalem and...

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Math Tudor

I was never did well in school at math and the teachers I had either did not want to, did not have the time or could not take the time to slow it down for me. So I fell behind. When High School came around it got even worst. Math has never been a strong subject for me. So when I decided to homeschool and of course teach math I thought this was going to be a very scary thing for me to teach my children.

Well, I got lucky! I got the opportunity to review a very wonderful curriculum helper called Math Tudor. They are DVD’s that help you the parent and/or the student to comprehend math at a slower and more comprehendible pace. Jason Gibson of Math Tutor DVD shows you how to break down even the most complex of problems into bite size pieces and the best part…stop and start and replay anytime you want.

Now Math Tudor comes in all ranges of math. I got to review the Basic Math Word Problem DVD, which is about 8 hours long with about 20-30 minutes per section, and it is only $26.99. The DVD’s are plain, but boy how effective it is for you and the child. 1 on 1 training. Some of the subjects he covered are…

Adding Whole Numbers, Subtracting Whole Numbers, Multiplying Whole Numbers, Dividing Whole Numbers, Adding Decimals, Subtracting Decimals, Multiplying Decimals, Dividing Decimals, Adding Fractions, Subtracting Fractions, Multiplying Fractions, Dividing Fractions, Percents Part 1, Percents Part 2, Ratio and Proportion.

I also got to review the Algebra 2 DVD, ($26.99) which he takes you through the same step-by-step procedure as the Basic Math Word Problems. Now, my children are a bit too young for this DVD, but you bet your bottom $$$ that I will pull this out in a couple of years as well as I will purchase more of these wonderful DVD's in the future as needed. Hey, guess what? As I was reviewing, I picked up on some things too in the Algebra DVD. I guess you can teach an old dog new trick!

Visit the Math Tudor website and check out all the wonderful DVD’s he has for all your math problems!

9 out of 10

No comments: