Join me in a year long journey reading through the Bible

  • Wow, this was a lot to read today. A lot to take in. Le t me see if I can recap this correctly. He begins by telling us about Gods defense of Jerusalem and...

Monday, February 9, 2009

Bible Story Songs

You know as a singer and a children’s choir director at my church, I know just how powerful music can be. The words can teach you something that you may have known but never knew how to feel it. It can evoke feelings for God that no spoken word can. It can help you memorize scripture so much more quickly then just trying to read and re-read and re-read. There are songs I learned years and years ago that are still stuck in my head. Think about it for yourself. I am sure you have a few songs still stuck in there from your childhood.

Bible Story Songs is a wonderful way to bring God’s word into your life through music. They have a pretty great selection of music CD’s that will introduce the Bible in an entertaining memorable way to your children. And who knows, you might just pick up on something yourself!

The CD I got to review was Bible Story Songs: The Bible, Lets Sing About the Book We Love. There are 32 wonderful, fun and biblically based songs my children loved. It’s about an hour long CD. We went on a little road trip a few weeks ago and put this in the car instead of watching the DVD player. We had fun singing to the ones we had memorized already.

Here are just a few of the titles on that CD that my children like the most. Books of the Bible, I’ve Got the Living Word, Like Newborn Babies, Yes, In My Bible, Your Word is Truth.

The CD is only $9.99. That’s not really bad considering how many songs you get. Oh, and you got to go over to their sight. They have all sorts of other recourses for your homeschool music class or if you are like me, your children’s choir! Sheet music, Puzzle Books, Song Books etc. Even a blog.

Score: 10 out of 10

No comments: